Restaurant Weeks have popped up all over the world as a way to entice diners to come in and try new places that may be out of their daily options for whatever reason (usually price). Now, the Restaurant Week concept is finding its way into your local airport thanks to HMSHost, the global airport restauranteur.
In this case, though, it’s not Restaurant Week. It’s Restaurant MONTH. That’s right, folks. For all of October, restaurants at airports all around the country will be offering special Chef’s Tasting Menus featuring more sophisticated options than you may normally find air-side. We’re talking pan-seared sockeye salmon with capers and remoulade at SEA; marinated skirt steak with balsamic onions and blue cheese crema at PHX; and all kinds of other wonderful entrees that will hopefully get people to realize that quality cooking is going on in terminals all across the US.
Prices hover in the $20 – $25 range for a full multi-course tasting menu with additional charges for certain entrees and dessert add-ons. Just make sure to get to the airport early so you have enough time to enjoy these more elaborate meals.
Here’s a list of participating airports and restaurants:
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport—Atlanta Chophouse
- Boston Logan International Airport—Todd English’s Bonfire, Todd English’s Ozone
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport—Beaudevin (wine bar)
- Newark Liberty International Airport—Belgian Beer Café
- Honolulu International Airport—PGA TOUR Grill
- Washington Dulles International Airport—Moes’s Deli & Bar
- John F. Kennedy International Airport—SOHO Bistro, Todd English
- McCarran International Airport—Chophouse, PGA TOUR Grill
- Los Angeles International Airport—Gladstones
- Miami International Airport—Casa Bacardi
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport—Itasca, Northern Lights Grill
- General Mitchell International Airport—Miller Brewhouse
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport—Goose Island
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport—Cowboy Ciao
- Raleigh–Durham International Airport—Vintage NC Wine Bar, 42nd St. Oyster Bar, ACC American Café
- San Diego International Airport—PGA TOUR Grill
- Seattle–Tacoma International Airport—Dungeness Bay Seafood House
- Tampa International Airport—Sam Sneads
- Toronto Pearson International Airport—Molson Pub
- Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport—Cabine M