I’ll admit it. I was more than disheartened when Westfield, the major developer of both airport terminals and malls, released their plans for transforming LAX’s Terminal 6 from the current boring humdrum terminal into something more. In fact, I went super negative on the headline of the story, writing “Westfield Unveils Disappointing Plan for Terminal 6 at LAX.”
While I’m still not completely wowed by the plans, I’m definitely coming around after Westfield started filling in the details this week. Fabio Viviani doesn’t do much for me, but a new suite of Wolfgang Puck restaurants look promising and that “local craft brewery at Point the Way Café” is actually LA’s favorite microbrewery, Golden Road. Now that’s exciting.
Here’s the latest info from the press release:
- Experience uniquely modern dining at The Marketplace by Wolfgang Puck, featuring:
o The Kitchen, dishing up masterful culinary creations to be enjoyed within the dining room or on-the-go;
o WPizza, with customizable pies and an assortment of fresh salads and sandwiches;
o The Wine Bar, a focal point of The Marketplace where guests can enjoy small plates or gourmet meals, an extensive wine list, and craft cocktails and beers.
- Taste traditional old-world Italian cuisine at Osteria by Fabio Viviani, a debut L.A. concept created by the famed Top Chef;
- Indulge in juicy California-style charburgers at The Habit Burger Grill;
- Chow down on a menu of eclectic fusion fare with a Hawaiian vibe at Wahoo’s Fish Taco;
- Dine on L.A. beach-inspired cuisine at Blu2o;
- Delight in healthy fresh juices and fresh salads for a signature California lifestyle at Earth Bar;
- Sample world-class craft beers by a local craft brewery at Point the Way Café;
- Sip on the world’s best known coffees at Starbucks and Starbucks Evenings locations;
- Pick up must-have travel essentials at Los Angeles News, Access Hollywood, Sunset News, and MARKET 8600;
- Discover the best designer apparel for men, women and kids from one of Southern California’s most chic boutiques at M. Fredric;
- Shop TUMI, creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move;
- Relax at XpresSpa, with massage, nail and facial services and a retail selection of locally produced beauty and travel products;
- Stock up on the latest cosmetics for the makeup addict at MAC Cosmetics;
- Choose from over 100 different candies and chocolates with rich heritage at See’s Candies; and
- Find the latest in electronics and cutting-edge technology at Belkin.
And, more importantly, here’s the exceptionally cheesy video they put together to get us all excited about the new terminal options: